What is GoBuzzUp?
Think of GoBuzzUp as a portal to news, information and interesting stories on the web from all around world, one stop where you can find all the latest news and gossip from a number of different sites. Best of all, YOU (the user) submit the stories and links you think other users will like. After you submit content, other people read your submission and vote for what they like best. If your story rocks and receives enough votes, it is promoted to the front page for the millions of visitors to see. “upcoming” area until it gains sufficient votes to be promoted to the main page.
Terms and Conditions
1. Description of Service. GoBuzzUp is a free, online application from GoBuzzUp.com (the “Service”). You understand and agree that the Service is provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis. GoBuzzUp.com disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Service. GoBuzzUp.com also reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Service with or without notice at any time and without any liability to you.
2. Personal Use. The Service is made available to you for your personal use only. Due to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (which is available at http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm), you must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use this Service. You must provide current, accurate identification, contact, and other information that may be required as part of the registration process and/or continued use of the Service. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Service password and account, and are responsible for all activities that occur there under. GoBuzzUp.com reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
3. Proper Use. You agree that you are responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof. Your use of the Service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the Agreement. You agree that you will use the Service in compliance with all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence. You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to: (I) use the Service to upload, transmit or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, contains viruses, or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by GoBuzzUp.com; (ii) upload, transmit or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations; (iii) prevent others from using the Service; (iv) use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose; or (v) act in any way that violates the Program Policies, as may be revised from time to time. Violation of any of the foregoing may result in immediate termination of this Agreement, and may subject you to state and federal penalties and other legal consequences. GoBuzzUp.com reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the Service in order to determine whether a violation of the Agreement has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
4. Your Intellectual Property Rights GoBuzzUp.com does not claim any ownership in any of the content, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video, or other material, that you upload, transmit or store in your GoBuzzUp.com account. We will not use any of your content for any purpose except to provide you with the Service.
5. Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by you to GoBuzzUp to participate in the Services is correct and current; and (b) you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
7. Communication. From September 5th 2007 the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 will regulate the kinds of messages you can be sent by email or text. GoBuzzUp.com may occasionally want to send you site emails. However we will only do this if your email address is populated in the “Email Communication” field on your profile. By leaving this field populated you are consenting to GoBuzzUp.com communicating with you by email. If you do NOT want to receive communications from us, please remove your email address from this field and leave it blank. You can stop receiving emails from GoBuzzUp.com at anytime by removing your email address from the Email Communication field. Comment emails are separate from site emails and are sent on a per comment, per story basis on individual stories that you have submitted.
8. Indemnification. You agree to hold harmless and indemnify GoBuzzUp.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, GoBuzzUp.com will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.